Tuesday, February 27, 2007





Broken Promises






I know, I know, I promised a Blood Diamond review. Weeks ago. It's not even on anymore. I realise I'm slack. I would promise (again) that I would upload it tomorrow, but you don't trust me anymore anyway.






So anyway this would be a long rundown of the Oscars, but I'm too depresssed.






Reasons to be depressed:






1. Rinko Kikuchi still goes unrecognised, despite her nuanced, layered performance in Babel.






2. For the last time, Forest Whitaker is not the lead actor in The Last King Of Scotland. James McAvoy is. What is the point in even having a "supporting actor" category if the supporting actors keep getting nominated in the "lead actor" category? Sure, Whitaker's performance is a tour de force but that doesn't automatically elevate him to "lead actor" status.






3. The dresses were boring. With the exception of Naomi Watts, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Nicole Kidman, and Reese Witherspoon, they were all playing it safe in beige, grey or black. COME ON PEOPLE - it's the Oscars, you can pull out all the stops!






Grr. Grr. Grrrr.

No comments: